I walked past the array of several beautiful white and red items, still trying to find the most beautiful gift I could get for him, my love.

A red rose? A box of chocolate? Cup cakes?  A bottle of wine? A teddy? ... Hmmm, they all seem  nice enough but I still was confused.

After picking and putting back few items, I got tired of trying to make the decision alone. So, I turned to ask my best friend who was quietly watching my confusion, 'What do you think?'  I asked

After what seemed like a long pause, bestie asked, 'Why are you getting him a gift?'
Irritated by the question, 'because it's VALENTINE!' I blurted. 'What a question', I wondered as I walked away from him towards a big white teddy that had  'I LOVE YOU' inscribed on it.

Then the voice came again (bestie's), 'You need me to help you make a very good choice you know'.
'Then help me out' I said wearily.

'Jhummie, I don't think he'll like any if these. You know what he likes, what he always wants, and it's none of these' bestie said.

'I know' I said to myself. I just thought I could get something to show him that I still care, it's been a while I did that. My distance from him these days makes me feel that he might think I don't care about him anymore, but I still love him and I want to show it to him.

I realised that no gift was as good as what my love wants from me, to spend quality time daily with him, to live the life he has called me to, to replicate his love to everyone around, every time... I have been so busy with life, so much so that  I have deprived the one who loves me the most the love he deserves. 'He understands' was what I always told myself.

As I impatiently walked towards my car with increased pace, I could feel bestie smiling at me, glad that I finally understood better.

There he was waiting for me as usual, he always cherish every  moment spent with Him. I saw the want of me in his eyes. Oh,  how I love to be with him. He smiled as he opened his loving arms, I ran into them and he said those three words I always love to hear. He smiled at me and said, 'I have loved you with an everlasting love, with unfailing love have I drawn you to myself, NOTHING can ever separate you from my love...' on and on he went reminding me of his love for me, telling me his intents for me...

Mi amor, you have given me the greatest gift ever, your love. You even gave up the most precious thing for me, your only son.
From the rising of the sun till the setting of the same, you love me still.
With you I have known what love really is because you've never held it back from me, not even for a second.

I will compose the best of songs just for you, I will write the best of poems for you, I will tell everyone how I feel about you all the time, early in the morning will I rise just to seek your face, just to see that smile on your face. I will let you in because you first let me in, I will love you because you first loved me. I will spend the strength of my youth loving you and all the years you'll give me adoring who you are. You who love me more than I can ever love myself.

You are the lyrics to a perfect love song, you are the rose of Sharon, the lily of the valley, the bright morning star, the beautiful king. It's in You I live, I move and have my being. Your praise shall continually be in my mouth.

No greater love than this you have for me. I love you because you first love me. I am yours and you are mine, FOREVER!

God's love is so real, out of it came the greatest gift ever to mankind. Open your heart today, let Him fill it with a love that no man can ever give. You think you're not worthy of it, ask Him to help you accept that love today.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I ask that you help me to walk in the light of your love, teach me to embrace this gift you have free lull y given and help me to always replicate it. Thank you for the gift of your unending love...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WATER, A CURE FOR DANDRUFF!

MY LOVE FOR JACKETS